Reflection question for this week: Describe “Indigenous Feminism” paying particular attention to cultural considerations. What are unique complications experienced by Indigenous Feminists as compared to white Canadian Feminists? Consider factors related to the “triple oppression” faced by Indigenous Women and make reference to conflicting allegiances related to multiple identity markers.
- You may speak using the first person.
- While this is not a super formal piece of academic writing, please follow the usual guidelines regarding good grammar, spelling, punctuation. Try to structure your reflection so it doesn’t feel like a rant. Execution is key here! Oh and yes, you may swear if you feel the need to.
- To cite readings simply name the author and the page number from the text.
- You may include in your reflection personal experience, or examples from the media, or film, or music, etc. – a real concrete example to illustrate your reflection. Make sure to a reference to cite this example.
- Club Nativehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sriEta7CHy
- Video Clips: