Ask a family member to discuss a medication that they are taking. In a Microsoft Word document, present the information you gather regarding the items below. Feel free to incorporate visuals.
- What prompted the person to seek treatment?
- What medication was prescribed and how is it taken?
- Did symptoms improve after taking the medication?
- Did any side effects or adverse reactions occur?
- Is this person given a hand written prescription or is it sent through the electronic health record?
- How many are dispensed at one time?
- What is the follow up plan for taking this medication (lab draw, blood pressure check, office visit, etc.)?