APA Format / 3 Reference, Please include Introduction , Execuete Summary, and Conclusinon
Public Administration: The Foundation of Public Service
Through public administration we define who we are as a nation, from economics to pollution to civil rights. But what exactly does it mean to be a public administrator, and how does public administration influence the lives of citizens?
Write a 3–4 page paper in which you answer the following:
- What is public administration? Why is it important? Provide an overview of its purpose and function in America.
- Compare and contrast public administration and business administration. Provide two specific examples of how the fields are different and two examples of how they are the same.
- What kinds of occupations are found in public administration? Provide three examples: one from nonprofit administration, one from federal government, and one from state or local government. Describe the job functions and requirements of these roles.
- In thinking about your own career goals, how does knowledge of the field of public administration apply to your current or future plans?
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
- Use a minimum of three professional references (Wikipedia is not accepted in this class).
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is as follows:
- Review the foundational concepts and constructs of public administration.