Review the gynecological versus nongynecological scenarios in the Pelvic Pain Scenarios document.
Determine if the cause is nongynecological or gynecological.
Identify elements of the current and past medical history that guide the evaluation process.
Propose differential diagnoses and work-up based on the clinical symptoms.
Develop a treatment plan, including alternative medical therapies for pelvic pain.
Create an 8- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation, with detailed speaker notes, that summarize your findings for one of the scenarios. You do not need to include voice-over.
Include 3 to 5 academic resources to support your findings. Your textbook may be used as one of your resources.
Format your presentation according to APA guidelines.
You only need to select one of the two scenarios.
Present the case scenario that you choose:
- Copy and paste the given history. (This is your subjective)
- Copy and paste the exam (PE) information which includes the given exam, labs, and any procedures, such as ultrasounds, etc. If you choose to do additional exam, it’s okay to add in. (This is your objective)
- Then, list your differential diagnoses ( you should have more than a couple)
- Next, put the Assessment. (What you really think is wrong with this patient–your diagnosis) Then, next to your diagnosis (or on a slide somewhere), write whether it gynecological or non-gynecological.
- Lastly, put your plan of care based on patient’s clinical symptoms and your assessment –not the differential diagnoses . (This is your plan)