Each week, you will be asked to respond to the prompt or prompts in the discussion forum. Your initial post should be 75-150 words in length, and is due on Sunday. By Tuesday, you should respond to two additional posts from your peers.
- What does it mean when we say that there is a relationship between two variables?
- What kinds of relationships can there be between two variables.
- Give an example of two variables that are related. For example, my daughter has an hourly salary. Her paycheck amount is related to how many hours she worked.
- Give an example of two variables that are NOT related.
- Using the given Height and Weight data set, follow the steps in the weekly video or on pages 584-585 of the textbook for performing a regression analysis using Excel to analyze the Height and Weight Data set (assume height is the input variable x and weight is the output variable y). Once you have performed the analysis in Excel, state the correct simple linear regression equation and use the regression equation to predict the weight (in pounds) of a person who is 65 inches tall and the weight (in pounds) of a person who is 100 inches tall.
- Why might the regression equation you have found NOT be a good predication of the weight of someone who is 100 inches tall? How does this lesson apply to the workplace?