Health care is delivered in various ways and settings throughout the United States. Hospitals, surgery centers, pharmacies, clinics, physician offices, and specialty medical groups are all types of settings and providers that deliver health care in some form or another.
For your Discussion Board assignment, choose one of these delivery settings mentioned above. Then, respond to the following items:
- Describe a recent interaction that you (or someone you know) had in that setting. For example, it could be a visit to the clinic, hospital, or a long-term care facility to see a loved one.
- Share your responses to the following questions:
- How did the staff interact with the patients?
- How satisfied were you (or the person you know) with the care that the setting delivered? Identify what qualities made you feel this way about the setting.
- Consideration of workforce diversity is a part of HRM. Respond and discuss the following with your classmates and instructor:
- What comprises workforce diversity?
- What is the responsibility of the Human Resources Department to address this, for example in the selection and retention of employees?
- Are there legal and ethical ramifications of maintaining a diverse workforce?
- What are some of the diversity ramifications, and how do health care organizations characterize components such as various minority programs?
- For a healthcare organization, why would workforce diversity relate to health equity?
- Is there a relationship between workforce diversity and improvements in patient care?