- Throughout The Parable of the Sadhu, Bowen McCoy refers to the breakdown between the individual and corporate ethic. Explain what he meant by that and how, if we view the hikers on the trek up the mountain in Nepal as an organization, the ethical person-organization fit applied to the decisions made on the climb.
- Using the various ethical discussions in the first three chapters as your guide, evaluate the actions of McCoy, Stephen, and the rest of the group from an ethical perspective.
- What role did leadership and culture play in this case?
- What is the moral of the story of the sadhu from your perspective?
- Address each question at the end of the case.
- Refer to the writing rubric and Writing Business Memos documents to optimize your grades on case study write-ups.
- All case study write-ups must:
- *Be type written (12-point font, single-spaced, and one-inch margins) using standard business memo format. Please see the Writing Business Memos handout.
- *Not exceed two pages in length.
- *Not include a cover sheet.
- *Use appropriate English spelling and usage.
- *Have serially numbered pages.
- *Spell out numbers from one to ten, except when used with mathematical, statistical, scientific, or technical units and quantities (e.g., distances, weights, or measures). All other numbers are to be expressed numerically.
- *Be organized, with appropriate headings and subheadings.
- *Use citations that are easy to follow for all references.